DiamondReads

Erica O'Rourke
The Turn of the Screw and The Aspern Papers
Henry James, Anthony Curtis

Warm Bodies: A Novel

Warm Bodies: A Novel - Isaac Marion I won a copy of this book in a Goodreads giveaway.

I had fun reading this book. I'm glad I waited to see the movie because it's always more fun to picture the characters in your head. The book is very skillfully written. Immediately I felt pulled into R's world. A dystopian world full of zombies with no apparent rhyme or reason as to how or why or when it got that way.

Now, normally zombies are not my cup of tea. Their lack of intelligence makes them boring to me. I prefer vampires, witches, mummies even. But this book kinda endeared zombies to me on the whole supernatural-food-chain. Zombies can be fascinating and deep-- who knew? I'm still kind if fuzzy about if this is the first book in a series or whatnot. The only reason I'm not giving 5 stars is I was a little annoyed by how (what's the word? Talkative? Indulgent? Share-friendly?) Julie was. She seemed to blab a lot about her life, but maybe I'm in a jerk mood. It's hardly a bad thing. Actually, it seems natural considering its the "end of the world" and all.

If you want a really fun, witty, well-written story you HAVE to read Warm Bodies. It's excellent. You'll love it.

Rrrrrrr. Lol.