DiamondReads

Erica O'Rourke
The Turn of the Screw and The Aspern Papers
Henry James, Anthony Curtis

Doll Bones

Doll Bones - Holly Black I don't listen to audiobooks very often. I prefer to read, as it's much faster. However, I recently got a new job and I work a lot of hours and drive a lot now. So my reading time has been slashed. I put the audiobook on my phone and plugged it in so I can listen while I drive to the mp3. Man, I love technology!

This was a great listen. The narrator was superb, and each character sounded different. I put it on 1.25 so I could listen without going crazy with how slow it was haha. Before I knew it I was done! The story was a lot of fun. I loved Zachary and his POV. The fact that three 12 year olds played dolls, and dealt with growing up...all while having a creepy atmospheric vibe?! It was great! I am definitely a huge fan of Holly Black after this. I've read some of her short stories, and I heard this was a good one. I happen to love a good creepy middle grade novel, and this definitely fit the bill.

I can't recommend it enough. Especially the audiobook. I can't really say exactly why it's not 5 stars, except it maybe didn't have as much of a WOW factor that is necessary for me to give 5. But it was pretty damn good, nonetheless.