DiamondReads

Erica O'Rourke
The Turn of the Screw and The Aspern Papers
Henry James, Anthony Curtis

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Volume 2 (My Little Pony

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Volume 2 (My Little Pony - Heather Nuhfer, Amy Mebberson Thank you to Diamond Book Distributors for providing me with a electronic review copy in exchange for an honest review.

I love MLP. I'm definitely one of the many faithful viewers of the TV show, and, like all of us I was crushed at the end of the season. How could I wait so LONG for the next season? Well, fellow bronies I have a solution for ya. Pick up and read these graphic novels! No, they're not only for kids. Pshaw, is the show only for kids? NO, it's not. It's lessons transcend age. It's awesome.

So now that's out of the way I want to discuss why I loved Vol. 2 better than Vol. 1. *ensue collective gasp*
There was way more depth to the story. It felt singular and the characters were exactly like they are portrayed on the show. True, in Vol. 1 they were similar; but they had some campy traits that I actually didn't love. It made the story feel slightly forced. But whatever else made the first volume a little off key-- the creators/artists/writers/collective team made a bold step forward with part 2.

The great thing about these graphic novels too is that you can just jump in at volume 2 if you want. Never seen the show? No problem, open a crisp new comic and you know what My Little Pony is about. That's what I love and that's why I strongly recommend it for you AND your kids/nieces/nephews/grand kids.

Still not convinced? OK, here are the "morals of the story" that I found present:
> Self-esteem-
> Friendship - THE theme of MLP. After all, it's in the title; My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic .
> Love - Another ever-present theme in MLP. Love is the key ingredient of friendship. If you truly love someone, there will always be a trait you cherish the most -- and all you have to do if a loved one is annoying you is to remember that love able trait(s).
> Guilt -Don't let guilt over your mistakes stop you for correcting them. Be brave (like Princess Moonbeam).
> Second chances - Those you love and who love you; will forgive you if you make a mistake. Even if your mistake ends up hurting them, all you have to do is ask for forgiveness and you can have a second (or even third!) chance.