DiamondReads

Erica O'Rourke
The Turn of the Screw and The Aspern Papers
Henry James, Anthony Curtis

Archie Meets Glee

Archie Meets Glee - Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, Dan Parent I love Archie comics. I always have and always will. I pick up a digest whenever I see one, and enjoy reading all about Archie and the gang-- and all the other characters like Cheryl Blossom and Sabrina too.

I was intrigued when I heard that there would be a crossover with Archie and Glee. A collaboration with a Glee writer Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa and Archie artist Dan Parent sounded pretty genius-- if they could pull it off. They totally pulled it off! It's crazy how the worlds of Archie and Glee are really like parallel universes! How else can you explain that both Rachel Berry AND Veronica Lodge's dads are name Hiram? My favorite was the likeness between Jughead and Mercedes.

I admit I'm not a total Glee fan, I have watched the show maybe 10-12 times total. It's a cute show, I just don't go out of my way to watch it. I was glad that I had watched enough to know the characters and be able to hear them in my head as I read the story. I'm not sure I would recommend it though if you haven't ever watched an episode of Glee. That's the only downside; that although they did introduce both worlds they did a better job introducing Archieverse from the Glee-Dom. I suspect that most people reading this comic will be Gleeks reading Archie for the first time, and not the other way around. If that's the case you don't have to worry, you'll totally get Archie's world.

I recommend this cute graphic novel for fans of Glee. It's a unique, funny, and light story with brilliant coloring and artwork. If the creators of Archie keep coming up with fresh ideas like this and executing them well-- I can see a renewal of Archie fandom in the near future!