DiamondReads

Erica O'Rourke
The Turn of the Screw and The Aspern Papers
Henry James, Anthony Curtis

Dark Witch

Dark Witch - Nora Roberts Actual Rating: 4.5 stars.

Believe it or not, this was my very first Nora Roberts book. (Thank you Holly for recommending it to me!) It won't be my last, that's for sure. If you want a good solid story about witches, family, friendship, and a great romance to boot - I recommend you read this book. I read it in one day and loved it. The story was compelling and the characters lovable. I loved Iona's personality. She was so cute, full of love and just wanted to be loved in return. She was a strong, capable woman and so was Branna and Meara.

The imagery was amazing. The most surprising thing was the romance aspect. I was shocked that there wasn't much sex involved (way less than I was expecting-- only two scenes I think). The romance was very clean. I guess perhaps I've been reading more hardcore romance and not knowing it. I don't know what I was expecting, but I had this picture in my mind that Nora Roberts books were romance/erotica. All I can say is this one wasn't. It was super clean -- could've used a bit more dirt even, if you ask me ;) lol but it was a great book!

I can't wait for the next book in this series! This is definitely a series I plan to devour. I can't recommend it enough!