DiamondReads

Erica O'Rourke
The Turn of the Screw and The Aspern Papers
Henry James, Anthony Curtis

Grim

Grim - Jeri Smith-Ready, Tessa Gratton, Jon Skovran, Shaun Hutchinson, Myra McEntire, Amanda Hocking, Christine   Johnson, Julie Kagawa, Malinda Lo, Jackson Pearce, Kimberly Derting, Rachel Hawkins, Saundra Mitchell, Sonia Gensler, Claudia Gray, Sarah Rees Brennan, Ellen Hopkin A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher in exchange for my honest review.

I don't normally read anthologies at all. I actually shy away from them. After reading Grim, I plan on changing that. This is a perfect example of what can happen when you combine excellent young adult authors and a loose interpretation of classic, horrific Brothers' Grim stories. It was a masterpiece!

Granted, not all stories were 5 star material, hence my rating. But most of them were, and the ones I didn't like weren't awful..I don't think any of the stories was awful some were just "meh". My favorites were Saundra Mitchell's (man she knows how to write a truly creepy story!) and Boy by Claudia Gray which was decidely more sci-fi. I liked the combination of classic fantasy with dystopian sci-fi thrown in for good measure.

If all anthologies were this good, I'd read a short story every night! I highly recommend this for lovers of young adult fantasy and horror. I definitely found some new authors to love!