DiamondReads

Erica O'Rourke
The Turn of the Screw and The Aspern Papers
Henry James, Anthony Curtis

Cinderella Stays Late

Cinderella Stays Late - Joan Holub, Suzanne Williams *I received a copy of this book in the Goodreads first reads giveaway program*

I've been a fan of Joan Holub & Suzanne Williams for awhile now. Their Goddess Girls series is so delightful I buy it for my niece on every occasion (she loves them)! So when I saw their new foray into middle grade lit, this time with a fairy tale spin on it, I definitely wanted to read it. I can safely say that this is another fabulous world they've created, and fans of Goddess Girls are sure to love this new series.

Grimmlandia is a place where all the people from fairy tales live. Cinderella is starting her first day at Grimm Academy, and she's very nervous. Her two older stepsisters are mean and making everything hard for Cinderella. But Cinder makes three new girlfriends; Red, Snow and Rapunzel. Together they try to figure out what the Steps are plotting before it ruins Prince Awesome's ball.

The story reminded me a bit of [b:The School for Good and Evil|16248113|The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil, #1)|Soman Chainani|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1369559695s/16248113.jpg|21599439], but for a younger audience. There were heroes and villains, and a lot of references to the original stories by the Grimm brothers (also included were Hans Christian Anderson and Charles Perrault). I liked how Cinderella was timid, but in the end she stuck up for herself and did the right thing. The story is very easy to follow and it's length is good for that age group (4-6). I'm definitely going to buy these books for my niece and recommend them to others! If you like good stories and fairy tales, you'll love this book.