DiamondReads

Erica O'Rourke
The Turn of the Screw and The Aspern Papers
Henry James, Anthony Curtis

Star Wars: Jedi Academy: Return of the Padawan

Star Wars: Jedi Academy: Return of the Padawan - Jeffrey Brown I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I was excited when I saw this on Netgalley because I remember seeing the first book and wanting to read it. I hadn't read the first one, but I didn't think it would matter (and it didn't).

The story is about a Jedi in training, Roan, as he goes through the difficulties of middle school Jedi Academy. He deals with bullies, fake friends, strict teachers and teachers who aren't partial to him. It's drawn like a cartoon, and feels a but like a cartoon/graphic novel. Actually, it reminded me a lot of the [b:Diary of a Wimpy Kid|389627|Diary of a Wimpy Kid (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #1)|Jeff Kinney|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1388183826s/389627.jpg|2617009] books. It has humor, and a good simple story. I felt like it would be better suited to kids in middle school, versus some of the middle grade books I read that have dual layers which adults can identify with. But don't get me wrong, it's a very cute book. The storyline does pick up where the first book left off, as this is another year for Roan at Jedi Academy. And the next book will see him next year at the Academy training under a Jedi.

I'd recommend it for girls and/or boys who are in middle school or early high school, Star Wars fans, and anyone who likes the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books! Oh, and who can resist a cartoon Yoda making jokes?! ;)