DiamondReads

Erica O'Rourke
The Turn of the Screw and The Aspern Papers
Henry James, Anthony Curtis

Rocky & Bullwinkle

Rocky & Bullwinkle - Mark Evanier, Roger Langridge *For the full review [with gifs] see my blog Dee's Reads

I received a copy of this graphic novel in exchange for an honest review.

I was born in 1987. I grew up watching VHS tapes on a continual loop; specifically, Rocky & Bullwnkle. Rocky & Bullwinkle holds a special place in my heart, along with Dudley Do-Right and Peabody and Sherman. I have the old VHS movies, but since I don't have a player I invested in the DVD of Season 1. When I saw this graphic novel I was excited but not too excited, it would take a lot for me to feel they kept it true to the original spirit of the show. The thing is, they did a great job.

All the cheesy jokes were on point, and the artwork was so good, I'm convinced the original animators must have been raised from the dead to create this graphic novel. It's possible, right? With Boris and Natasha up to their usual tricks (including jokes about how they never recognize Boris in his costumes), and Dudley Do-Right, stupid as ever I was really impressed with this graphic novel. It's hard to take a show as old and famous as this one and turn it into a graphic novel that is relatable for the modern pop as well as the old fans with the same good old jokes.

If you're a fan of the show, you need to read this graphic novel. I'll be buying it and I'm crossing my fingers they make another one!